The Implicit Associations Test tries to look at unconscious racism. You can see it here: https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/ (Click on Demonstration, go to demonstration test, I wish to proceed, and you can pick a test - the Race one is probably most relevant.)
Interesting, and I can believe it. Reminds me of our earlier discussion about the human tendency to make judgements; this subconscious stereotyping is a difficult subject to address in our politically correct climate. But how else can we address these subconscious racial biases among people who would never call themselves racist or prejudice? I wonder how this study would apply to gender. People who support women's advancement (and heck, they love their mothers) but were inexplicably irked and threatened by Hillary. Interesting...
This blog is part of an American Studies course at the Scripps College. Students will make posts and comments related to the history and contemporary relevance of race in media and popular culture.
2 comments:
The Implicit Associations Test tries to look at unconscious racism. You can see it here: https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/ (Click on Demonstration, go to demonstration test, I wish to proceed, and you can pick a test - the Race one is probably most relevant.)
Interesting, and I can believe it. Reminds me of our earlier discussion about the human tendency to make judgements; this subconscious stereotyping is a difficult subject to address in our politically correct climate. But how else can we address these subconscious racial biases among people who would never call themselves racist or prejudice? I wonder how this study would apply to gender. People who support women's advancement (and heck, they love their mothers) but were inexplicably irked and threatened by Hillary. Interesting...
Post a Comment